What Is Aquatic Therapy?
Aquatic therapy is a type of skilled therapy that involves performing exercises in a pool. Aquatic therapy is highly beneficial to patients that are injured and not capable of or safely able to perform exercises on land. Aquatic therapy can be a great tool to help you on your journey back to health.
What Are The Benefits Of Aquatic Therapy?
- Improved blood flow thanks to the warmth of the water. Aquatic therapy has been shown to improve circulation due to the thermal benefits of the water.
- Decreased pain due to enhanced water pressure.
- Less pressure on joints with enhanced buoyancy.
- Reduced impact on the body while unweighted in the water.
- Improved strength with the help of the water’s natural resistance.
What Patient Populations Benefit From Aquatic Therapy?
Aquatic therapy is used for various conditions, including arthritis, post-operative care, and musculoskeletal injuries. Physical therapists trained in aquatic therapy can help you improve your mobility and reduce pain with the help of water-based exercises. Whether you are working back from a joint replacement surgery or struggle with arthritis, aquatic therapy can be a valuable tool in your recovery.
Depending on your condition and needs, your physical therapist will determine if aquatic therapy is right for you. Please contact us for more information about our locations that offer aquatic therapy.
Please complete the form below and someone will be in touch within 24 hours to schedule your desired appointment within the next 24-48 hours.